Sunday 9 February 2014

Light Bulb Edit

As part of my abstract narrative, I included the smashing of the light bulb to let the character 'break free of the darkness' in a sense and to fill the transition from the dark room to outside. I experimented a few ways of doing this by first using a slightly different bulb that hadn't been hollowed out to practice dropping it in front of the camera whilst filming. 



As this bulb didn't break on impact causing the shot to be not nearly as effective, I decided to use the original bulb and hope to get it right first time, which I did. 



This bulb smashed right on target and looked exactly how I wanted it too. I edited the clip without the background noise but decided that this particular impact sound, when the bulb hit the floor, sounded effective and would be an alternative option to use in my video.



Editing these clips into my video was quite a simple process. I blended as well as changed the opacity of the clips to mix together with some other shots of my main character. This technique created an abstract and interesting scene, something that fitted well within my video and music genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment