Sunday 13 October 2013

Prop Inspiration

 

  Untitled

I took inspiration from the band Paramore and their video Ignorance, where the lead signer uses a light bulb as a prop to reflect the music video. The single bulb attached to the ceiling of the room they're in is a similar idea to what I wanted to include in my video for the opening. The light bulb would be shown as 'trapping' my character in the dark room, quite the opposite of what the light bulb signifies in the example music video.

 

The video for Justin Bieber's All That Matters, also shows single light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. Although there is more than one, it still shows an effect I would try to re-create. I think the light bulbs work as a background as well as a prop in the video. 

Both videos inspired my idea to use a light bulb in my video, linking to the lyrics of my chosen song, it will be a significant feature and show the development of my music video. 

Baby you're a firework... :) | via Facebook Untitled | via Tumblr

These image inspired my idea to use sparklers to link the light at the beginning and the end of my music video together. It also fits in with the main mise-en-scene that I have chosen and creates a variation in the scene to keep the audience interested.  As the song I have chosen connotes acts of 'breaking free' (see lyric analysis) I have used this to my advantage, using a light bulb as the main reason my main character is trapped in the dark. Once that is broken, I thought about linking the beginning with the end of the video to show development and character progression through the narrative by using the sparklers as a 'free' and 'open' light source rather than a close one like the bulb. To reinforce this idea, I have planned for my character to write the word 'free' using the sparkler, contrasting the start and the end of the video and openly showing the audience the intention of the main character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment