Monday 16 December 2013

Band Name

Instead of using the artist name of the song, Imagine Dragons, I had to create my own original band name to use on the ancillary texts, poster and CD album case. I had a few ideas on the name by using words incorporated from lyrics and also ideas that showed connotations of the indie rock genre. 


I created a mood board of words to put together and make a band name from the indie rock genre.

I found the creation of a new band name quite hard because creating something original and professional as well as fitting to the music genre proved difficult. I tried several possibilities before settling for one. I wanted the same effect that 'Imagine Dragons' has when put onto the ancillary texts, reflecting similar connotations from the band itself. Because I found it hard, it did take along time until I was satisfied with one.

I decided to use 'City Kids'; a name that reminded me of an indie rock band as well as looking like it fitted with the ancillary texts. I used the same font as 'Imagine Dragons', found on dafont, as I wanted to keep the similar style used by the original band in my own work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment