Monday 13 January 2014

Rough Draft of Album Poster

I created my first rough draft of the album poster included in the digipak with the brief. I created a rough outline of the type of conventions involved in creating a poster. There are many features which I used from last years course in creating the poster, including the font site, dafont, where I found the appropriate font that my chosen band use as their logo. When looking at inspiration from previous real texts of existing album posters, the text position varies. I chose to spread the information out so the whole of the poster catches the attention of the viewer. I also used a photograph, that I went on to edit within Photoshop, from the location of filming. This is to show the link between the poster and the music video once finalized together. I think this first draft shows the potential of how the album poster can improve as well as a rough idea into what it's going to look like when the final draft is chosen.


The poster could be improved by firstly addressing the colour scheme and deciding which colours stand out over the chosen photograph. I like the red and black theme, as i think they go well together, but the black is washed out by the image behind, making the text less visible then how I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment