Tuesday 21 January 2014

Drafts of Album Case


This is the first draft of my digipak album case, using images from the first film shoot. I looked at existing album covers, analysing the conventional text and image position along with the structure and layout of each panel. I edited each photograph used on Photoshop to improve the quality and enhance areas of the photo where appropriate. I used a similar font style to the band, Imagine Dragons found on dafont. I included the band name, song title and track listing, all in the font deciding to use them on the front, back and spine covers. I used a minimal colour scheme, using colours that would show up against the green of the background tree photos, including red and white. I also added a thanks from the band to the fans and website addresses shown in a smaller font size to locate key information. I decided to present the album case in an EP style, which is why I only added a small track listing from the actual album, Night Visions. 
I thought this draft was hard to make, as it took time to look original and get each placement of the text and photographs right. I am looking forward to making the next draft to show my improvements and developments, which I have made from this one.


By the second draft I had got the hang of the conventional layout and features of ancillary texts, making my own product look more professional than the first draft. I included a mix of images from the different locations and changed the font colour and style into something recognisable and easily read. I also gave the CDs an image, to make it more realistic. I changed the band name to something I was more happy with, after researching more ancillary texts.


No comments:

Post a Comment