Friday 17 January 2014

Album Poster Draft 1

This is the first draft of my ancillary poster text. I chose a photograph which linked to the first part of filming and based the text around similar existing imagine dragons album posters. I chose a colour scheme of 3 colours; white, black and yellow. It was important to keep the conventions of a media page that I had learned in AS level, because not only does a load of colours make the text look messy and hard to read, the overall look is more professional and easier to look at. For the title of the band and song, I found the original Imagine Dragons text on dafont and copied the words I needed for the poster. I think this poster draft is an improvement from the very first rough draft, but I still could improve the poster to make it look more original and convincing. 




This is the 3 colours used for the album poster colour scheme. I chose neutral colours that would blend well together.




I updated my first draft of the album poster by adding small text, consisting of web addresses for the band and iTunes as well as a note at the top using their record label. I did this because it is a conventional feature of the posters I have already looked at to include relevant information for the audience to follow. I also wanted to make the draft looked as professional as possible and by doing this I think it fits into the conventional advertisement structure, not looking quite out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment